Friday, August 11, 2006

Major Breakthrough...

I shared this at my Weight Watchers meeting last week, too.

My dad has always been really critical of my weight. What ever is wrong with me...Whether I have a runny nose or a sore knee, it's because I'm overweight and out of shape. I've gotten constant lectures for as long as I can remember. It's been hard on me.

This past weekend, we had a birthday party for my 10 year old step daughter. We went bowling...Never let anyone tell you that bowling isn't exercise. It was a lot of fun, and the camera got passed around.

On Sunday, I e-mailed the pictures to my dad. My first big step is that I sent him ALL the pictures. I didn't take out the ones of me, like I usually do.

The second big breakthrough is that, after he looked at the pictures, my dad called me and asked my how much weight I've lost, and told me that he can really tell.

I think you could have blown me over with a single breath, I was in so much shock.

A compliment from my dad is better than all the other compliments combined. Better than a 5 pound sticker. Better than finally reaching my 10% goal.

It's enough to keep me going.
(But not quite enough to help me get up early and exercise.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Cin! Isn't it great when we get what we've been after for so long?