Saturday, January 28, 2006

Updates and Compliments...

I know it's been a while since I updated, but I've been busy.

Week one was so exciting, losing 11.8 pounds, that I was devastated week 2, when I gained 3. I knew I hadn't eaten the best...I'd lost my journal in the middle of the week, so rather than write things down somewhere else, I guessed...What's more, I didn't just guess. I took advantage of the fact that I wasn't writing things down, and ate and ate and ate at times, to my heart's content.
So I gained 3 pounds. Pffft.
Week 3, I *still* didn't have a journal because I'd forgotten to pick one up at the meeting, but rather than eat something just because I didn't have to write it down, I limited myself, and tried to make good choices. (Okay, the ice cream cake from Dairy Queen last Friday night was NOT a good choice, but it was a small indulgence. Plus, I was so ill afterwards from all the sugar, it's not likely I'll be choosing it again any time soon.) In addition to my weekly paper route, I also exercised during week 3. Once. I tried to do better, but I have the hardest time dragging myself out of bed in the morning.
I didn't make it to my usual Monday meeting due to some car trouble. I didn't make it to Tuesday's meeting due to me just wanting to get home. I didn't make it to Wednesday's meeting due to my daughter's dance class, so I had to go Thursday, or else skip the whole week, which I really didn't want to have to do. So, I ended up at a different meeting, in a different city. And it was okay. I lost 3.6 pounds, putting my total at 12.4. The meeting leader wrote my total loss as 11.4, and I didn't realize the error until I was getting into my car, so I'll have them change it at the meeting next week. The Monday meeting. (Which gives me three days...)

I'm already feeling better about myself, and I don't have a problem letting people know that I'm doing this. People in my office have started complimenting me, telling me I look slimmer. I feel silly telling them I've only lost 12 pounds. I think a lot of it has to do with confidence, though, too. The way I carry myself affects my appearance, and since I don't feel like a big, useless, lump of lard anymore, I walk a little taller.

I'll try to update more often. I've been using a weight tracker on Fitday.com, but it only goes up to 250 pounds...it's a little depressing to see my blue arrow in the same place every week.

No comments: