Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tears in my Turbo

I have had a busy weekend.

Friday night, I went scrapbooking with some girlfriends. While there, we met the craziest ladies ever and had a great time. Didn't get home until around two in the morning, crawled into bed and passed out.

Saturday, I got up around nine (Seven hours of sleep...not too bad) and got ready for Turbo Kick. Seriously, there were at least 80 people in the studio. I kicked the woman in front of me--not on purpose, of course. She was back kicking and I was front kicking (which we were supposed to be doing, thank God) and our feet collided. Sorry I kicked you! We had to do push-ups--AGAIN. My poor arms were shaking, my abs were killing me, and I was almost crying the last ten minutes of class. I say almost because I was taking huge, deep breaths and reminding myself that if I cried, everyone would know because I am NOT a pretty crier. My nose and eyes get all red, my face gets blotchy, and I'm basically a HUGE mess. I checked out the mirror and my nose WAS red, but so was the rest of my face, so I figured I was safe. I'm blaming the endorphins released during exercise for my rush of emotions during class yesterday. I felt sad for no reason the whole way home, cried in the shower, and emerged with a raging migraine.

Awesome.

Today, I've got what I like to call a migraine hangover...it's just like a regular headache without the fun of the night before. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted from dealing with pain all day yesterday and I'd like nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep for the rest of the day. (Okay, I'd also like a hot tub or a massage...but would settle for the nap.) Of course, I'm a mom so that sleeping-all-day thing doesn't exactly work for me. Too much to do. Too little time to do it in.

No comments: